[SATLUG] Re: VOIP phones (Tweeks)

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Oct 15 23:12:10 CDT 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 01:52:33 pm George, Jason (San Antonio) wrote:
[...]
> I'm curious as to what made you decide to use Vonage instead of another
> service provider.  From reviews I've read online, it sounds as if Vonage is
> pulling the same stunts telephone companies do- various fees, taxes, etc in
> addition to locked-in hardware.

Most all of them put those fees in there now.  But my goal was to get my basic
phone bill under $20/month without having to run my own asterisk system. And
that's what I did.  All this while TW digital phone was still like $40!  I
would still switch to Vonage today.  Also.. never really had any hardware
probs..

Tweeks