[SATLUG] Re: How to connect to wifi access points in Linux

K. Reginald Buckner buckmiester35 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 15:26:02 CDT 2008

Does anyone know how to connect to wifi access points in Linux. I use mostly
Open Suse
11 and Ubuntu Hardy. Well I have both wifi radar and kwifimanager but I
cannot see the access points when I visit Burger King or on campus at San
Antonio College. I know that
airport card in Mac OS X (iMAC) has no problem picking up the signal and my
college amigos can do the same with Vista based notebooks. Wny does Mac and
Windows seem to do wifi easy but Linux there is so much tweaking?

Reggie B