[SATLUG] hibernate

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 23:42:35 CDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> Satluggers:
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop and run slack linux on it.
> One thing I have always been missing is a reliable hibernate
> function. I would love to just put the thing to sleep and wait
> only a few seconds for it to be back up and operational.
>
> What options exist? What do I need to do?
>
> Thanks, -b.
> --

I have the same question about a Dell D610 Latitude running Ubuntu 8.04.
This is a dual boot machine with Windows XP SP3 and in Windows I can
just close the lid and the box goes to sleep and wakes up when I raise
the lid.
Apparently Linux does it differently?
I am aware of the problems and fixes with Ubuntu 8.04 hibernate.

Thanks,  Robert