[SATLUG] OT: Help needed to identify an old part

Jim Parkhurst JPARKHUR at dot.state.tx.us
Fri Oct 31 10:36:41 CDT 2008

Looks like an external SCSI-1 drive enclosure. Good for one floppy or hard drive. The round opening at the lower-right looks to be the power input from an external brick. This would supply the 12/5v for the drive. And, of course, the little rectangle between the power switch and the top SCSI-1 connector is the SCSI ID switch with buttons top (touch up) and bottom (touch down). Except for the power connector that one looks like the one I (used to) have at home ... before one of my sons got SCSI happy(!).

>>> Alan Lesmerises <alesmerises at satx.rr.com> 10/31/2008 09:15 >>>
I picked up an external drive enclosure, but I need a little help
identifying a couple of things.  It says 'DaynaFile' on the unit, but
there's no model number or anything.  Here is a link to a picture of the
back face of the unit:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=983973&image=178278327&images=178278291,178278327&formats=0,0&format=0

I'm guessing the data connections are for a SCSI (I can't be sure since
I've never owned any SCSI devices before) -- can anyone confirm that?

Also, there was no power cable, and there is no transformer inside the
unit, so I suspect it would have 12V or 5V input into the box (i.e., the
transformer is external) -- does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Please let me know if there is anything else you can tell me about
this.  TIA.

Al Lesmerises