[SATLUG] please help..how do I...?

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:32:14 CDT 2008

I rehooked up moms pc at her house but when I open Firefox, it keeps saying
I'm offline and to change my browser settings (I guess to work online) but I
can't seem to make it do that automatically...always work online when the
browser's open.  Is there a sudo command or something I should do?  I do go
into "file" work offline and click that everytime but it would be easier if
she didn't have to do that all the time...

Another page she normally read won't open either...I get this message
"firefox prevented this page from autoreloading" and keeps flashing an
"allow" button I have to keep clicking it on the allow button for it to keep
trying to reload to open the page.  Is there a fix for this?  Is there
something I can enter in "terminal" or some place else so it won't keep
asking me to allow the page to be reloaded ...and so it will just keep
trying on it's own?  Mom's using dialup again now...she has always had
trouble getting this one site to open..but it opens just fine in my
dsl...here's the site
http://www.sheboyganpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  cheryl