[SATLUG] InstallFest

Christopher Clyne christopher at chriaxx.com
Mon Sep 1 18:32:28 CDT 2008

I am currently a student at San Antonio College in the first semester of a
computer programming program. I am looking to install Linux on my Dell
Inspiron 1420 laptop. I am currently running Vista Home Premium and have
tried to install both Fedora and Ubuntu onto my system. I have been having a
problem with getting my wireless to be recognized by either distribution and
am too new to Linux to really understand the work around.  At this
InstallFest at SAC will someone be able to assist with the Wireless problem
I am having or not? I really would like to become more familiar with Linux,
this is why I joined this list.  Also is there anything I need to do to my
computer before the Installfest? And what I need to bring with me.