[SATLUG] InstallFest

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:36:13 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 18:32 -0500, Christopher Clyne wrote:
> I am currently a student at San Antonio College in the first semester of a
> computer programming program. I am looking to install Linux on my Dell
> Inspiron 1420 laptop. I am currently running Vista Home Premium and have
> tried to install both Fedora and Ubuntu onto my system. I have been having a
> problem with getting my wireless to be recognized by either distribution and
> am too new to Linux to really understand the work around.

Well, considering that Dell sells the 1420 with Ubuntu it shouldn't be
very difficult getting it all to work. However, the version they sell
has the Intel wireless 3945 card in it. It sounds like that is not the
one you have. If you could find out which wireless chipset you have in
your laptop, it will help when you get to the installfest.

~Nate