[SATLUG] please help..how do I...?

Charles Mims chmims at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:35:26 CDT 2008

My personal experience is that the problem is not Firefox but
NetworkManager.  In my case Firefox, Pidgin,
Evolution were all starting offline.  After NetworkManager is turned off,
everything seems to work fine.

My clumsy solution at this point is first start Firefox (that will start
NetworkManager) then
kill NetworkManager.  This can be done through the System Monitor.
Applications>
System Tools>System Monitor.  Or by killing the process from the CLI.

Charles