[SATLUG] Re: Linux is an Alternative to Vistza

Brian astro at astr0.org
Tue Sep 2 13:49:29 CDT 2008

Your being a tad too critical and misleading.

You can use 2k/xp programs on vista. I do every day on my laptop (tri boot of vista, ubuntu and whenever I'm playing with this week).

Software for vista isn't all expensive. I installed pidgin free of charge. Now official ms software like office is expensive, however so is everything else ms makes.

I'd suggest you try using the os before completely bashing it. While I hate using a ms os as much as the next geek, vista has ran well for me, and I haven't had any major problems at all. I prefer linux, but sometimes windows is a necessary evil.

Make your own choices. Do not be a sheep following the herd of others who bash a product simply because of the software giant who makes it. Try it out. Benchmark it. Do your daily work on it and see how it runs for you.

Your opinions could mislead someone into believing that everything to ever come out of redmond is garbage, however, microsoft is, and will be king of the market share long after this thread dies.

-b