[SATLUG] response Lou, Charles, Leif..offline issue

Charles Mims chmims at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:06:18 CDT 2008

I am assuming you are running Fedora.  There are two ways to kill
NetworkManager.
First be sure it is running by starting Firefox.
1. From the GUI, when you open up System Monitor scroll down the list of
running
   processes.  When you see NetworkManager, highlight with a mouse click,
then
   with the mouse cursor click the 'Kill Process' button.
2. From the terminal command line run the following:
   $ps -aux | grep NetworkManager (this will give you the process id# for
NetworkManager)
   $kill 'id#'

After doing this if it solves the problem I would remove NetworkManager
using Add/Remove
Software utility.  It is in the administration menu.