[SATLUG] help joining two dvd's into one file

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 13:18:16 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Todd W. Bucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:

>> Rename the VOB files with an .mpeg extension and use dvdauthor to
>> recombine them into a DVD layout:
>>
>> dvdauthor -t -o Rings -c vob1.mpg -c vob2.mpg -c vob3.mpg
>>
>> dvdauthor -T Rings
>>
> thanks I give that a try latter today.  will fill you in on how it
> worked out.

Keep in mind that the VOB files are just plain MPEG2 files with a
different extension. The example I gave used the "chapter" argument,
-c file.mpeg. That makes each VOB a chapter that you can easily skip
too. You can also had times as well like so:

-c 0;11:00 file.mpeg

This makes a chapter at the beginning of the MPG file and another one
at the 11 minute mark.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu