[SATLUG] Linux-Friendly Printers & Scanners

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sun Sep 14 13:37:11 CDT 2008

I have a new system I want to set-up for my wife, but the drivers for
her Lexmark printer-scanner are not ready for prime time.  Since it's
several years old, I figured it might be more practical to find a unit
that was more Linux-friendly (rather than wait until the drivers are
more refined -- which they may never be).

What I would like to know is what are your experiences (collectively)
with various brands and/or specific models of scanners & printers and
what I should be looking for in a new unit.  If possible, I would prefer
to go with an all-in-one unit, for space-saving reasons.

TIA.

Al Lesmerises