[SATLUG] Linux-Friendly Printers & Scanners

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 14:29:19 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Alan Lesmerises
<alesmerises at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I have a new system I want to set-up for my wife, but the drivers for her
> Lexmark printer-scanner are not ready for prime time.  Since it's several
> years old, I figured it might be more practical to find a unit that was more
> Linux-friendly (rather than wait until the drivers are more refined -- which
> they may never be).
>
> What I would like to know is what are your experiences (collectively) with
> various brands and/or specific models of scanners & printers and what I
> should be looking for in a new unit.  If possible, I would prefer to go with
> an all-in-one unit, for space-saving reasons.
>
> TIA.
>
> Al Lesmerises
I've got an HP Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printerj/coper/scanner, and
when I went into cups to configure it, it already detected it and
asked if I wanted to add it.  One of the nice features is that it's
network capable and works great with either windows or linux.

Ed