[SATLUG] Linux-Friendly Printers & Scanners

Marc Ripley misteratomic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 09:34:03 CDT 2008

I'll have to also vote for HP.  After months of waiting for native
drivers for the newer Kodak cheap inkjets, I settled on a HP 7680
Office Jet AIO with ethernet.
I could not have asked for a better behaving printer.  All functions
work with linux.  In fact, I could not get it working with XP or NT2k.
 XP worked with a buggy driver which prevented the laptop from
shutting down and NT2K was also a bother.  All the linux boxen in the
house print to it perfectly.

HP printer usability and productivity is better in linux.

Marc