[SATLUG] Linux-Friendly Printers & Scanners

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Sep 15 09:36:38 CDT 2008

John D Choate wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2008 04:48:48 Geoff wrote:
>
>> Don Crowder wrote:
>>
>>> My experience is that just about any HP printer is essentially "Plug
>>> and Play" in Linux and I've set up enough of them to represent a valid
>>> sample.
>>>
>> they're also the most inefficient and most expensive on ink.
>>

> There always has to be one party-pooper.

just stating the facts, man...  Lexmark, and HP are -tough- on ink.  Of
the two, HP doesn't tolerate ink refills very well.    Lexmark is a
-little- better, but not much.  when the ink heads are clogged, it's
time to chunk the thing and get a new printer,because the heads and/or
cleaning them is more expensive than a new printer.