[SATLUG] Lindependence 2008

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:16:52 CDT 2008

I just wanted to pass on an article about a 'movement' in Santa Cruz to move
the whole town to Linux.  Dubbed Lindependence 2008, it is a very cool
project that I would love to try in San Antonio on some scale. I'm sure we
could work something out with Ubuntu (not necessarily saying that has to be
the distro) to get a mass of media and promotional materials. Who else would
be interested in making something like this come to fruition? It would
probably be a long term project with several months of heavy promotion, but
I think in the end it would be worth it.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_10470746?nclick_check=1

Ernest