[SATLUG] gpg (deteriorating)

Brian McKinney mckinneyb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:39:09 CDT 2008

>>> writing
>>> love
>>>

> If you are using Firefox, there is an addon called Better Gmail 2
> that lets you automatically bottom post IF you are using text-only in
> replies.  As far as I know, there isn't anyway to do it internally to
> gmail, but that doesn't mean there isn't a way to do it.
> Jim

Thanks Jim.  The extension works great.

>On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:38 AM, John Pappas <j at jvpappas.net> wrote:
>I would argue that it's search, capacity, and cost are reasonably compelling
>qualities as well.  Imap is ok, but due to the oddities of how gmail stores
>data (labels) you may end up downloading more than one message (IMAP) or end
>up organizing messages on your own (POP).  Neither is appealing.

I think search is the biggest reason I keep using the web interface
over a desktop client.  I've
been using gmail for about 3 years now, and being able to search
quickly over 3 years worth of email
has been tremendously helpful to me time and again.  I just make sure
not to send anything terribly
private without encryption :)

Something I recently found out about which I thought was pretty cool,
was that gmail search has it's own
set of search keywords, similar to the "Google Hacking" keywords made
famous by Johnny Long.  Using these
makes searching e-mail even easier.

http://www.pandia.com/sew/461-gmail-search.htm

--