[SATLUG] Generator powered laptops?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Sep 19 00:47:18 CDT 2008

I would say that what you really want is a Line Conditioner, of the
sort the sell for use with sensitive Audio/Video equipment. That
should get the power output into good enough shape for any equipment
you might connect.

Failing that, most UPSes I know of are pretty good at being able to
take in bad quality power and output something that is at least
minimally acceptable for most computers. Your primary risk here is
burning out the UPS, if the input quality is bad enough.

--
Sent from my iPhone