[SATLUG] Changing the 'owner' of a group of files

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 22:17:28 CDT 2008

I am finally getting my wife switched over to Linux, and that means
moving a bunch of files from her old Windows system onto the new box.
However, previous tests I have done make it look like the files don't
recognize her as the owner on the new machine.

Is there a way to have the 'owner' setting for all these files changed,
in one large batch conversion?  I can go in and manually manipulate the
read-write-execute privileges, but it seemed to be a rather clumsy
process ...

TIA.

Al Lesmerises