[SATLUG] help with rocketraid 2300

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Sep 22 10:43:11 CDT 2008

I am in the midst of shuffling hardrives around between boxes.  I had
two WD 320 gig drives on a rocketraid 2300 which were ued with two other
2d 320 gig drives on my mobo.  the 4 drives are raided together as a
raid 5. I know that its an odd setup but it was working with no problems
before I started the harddrive shuffle. (its a new dance craze) I now
need to remove the rocketraid card and use it in another box however I
need to keep the two 320 gig drives in the same box. after backing up my
data i went into the Rocket raid bios and double checked the setup of
both drives were recognized and labled as being legacy (they were not
initialized). After shuting down I removed the card and attached the two
drives to the mobo.  Upon booting however my mobo bios sees  the two
drives however they are not identified and the both register as having 0
mb 0 cylenders, 0 heads, ect.
my questions has anyone seen this before?  is it possible to fix this?
or are these two drive forever paired with this card?

thanks in advance
Todd