[SATLUG] help with rocketraid 2300

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Sep 22 12:55:26 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 12:17 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Todd W. Bucy
> > the mobo is only two years old, besides I mentioned that i had two other
> > wd 320 drives on my mobo that were configured as a raid 5 with the two
> > wd 320 drives on the rocket raid.
>
> Sorry, I read that as all 4 drives were on the Rocket controller.

this is proving to be a real headache...here is what I am doing to fix
it....I am keeping the two drives with the rocketraid card and moving
them to yet another box...real big headache as it require that I backup
and reinstall on another machine...I did come across a review on newegg
which said the there are known problems with WD drives on the highppoint
Rocket raid cards
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115029
however i have not been able to confirm this.  anyone know anything
about this?

Todd