[SATLUG] gpg Recover misspelled password

Sean Crandall sean.crandall at ieee.org
Wed Sep 24 09:35:16 CDT 2008

I have some sensitive files that I dutifully keep encrypted on my hard
disk with gpg using a long pass phrase.  Unfortunately, the last time I
encrypted it, I somehow managed to misspell the pass phrase, and type it
that way twice.  I've tried the variations I could think of, but so far
no luck.  Is anybody aware of a good utility that can rapidly run
permutations on a known pass phrase to guess the right one (preferably
one that I can get without visiting the shady back alleys of the internet)?

--
Sean Crandall---Registered Patent Attorney No. 57,776.  This e-mail does
not constitute legal advice on any matter and is not endorsed by Jackson