[SATLUG] free phone calls

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Sep 24 16:34:20 CDT 2008

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.lowratevoip.com

The other day when I was in England I was able to use someone's cell phone for
free with this service to call the US, (my Verizon phone didn't work in GB).
It sounds too good to be true, but maybe it is - you can enter the source
and destination number on the website and get connected for free. I am still
not quite sure how it works, someone just showed it to me and he insisted there
was no charge to this cell phone (the cell phone was from Scotland, the
destinate call was to the US).

-b.