[SATLUG] Hardware configuration information

Sean I siffland at nerdshack.com
Thu Sep 25 09:30:31 CDT 2008

> Yeah the HP BL465c is a fantastic blade platform.  Just out of curiosity,
> which interconnect are you guys using with it?  Most of my customers have
> the Virtual Connect option installed, rather than Chassis switch or
> pass-through.
>
> jp
> --

We have pass-through for the networking and fiber connects, one of the
remote sites has the brocade for the fiber.  The HP guys told us to
get the Virtual Connects, but of course management does not want to
spend the extra money, it would sure beat the 16 Network connects we
have now.  The 465c is a pretty nice blade, most we have are the 460c
for the quad cores.  They make great XEN hosts.  The windows guys have
10 of them, I hooked them up with RHEL5 and XEN and they have switched
from vmware to XEN for their virtualization needs, one box is hosting
12 winblows workstations with no problems.....yeah the windows guys
running on a linux box, makes me laugh deep down in side.......of
course that is 10 more boxes I have to maintain ;(

Sean