[SATLUG] Need more resolution choices

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 22:39:57 CDT 2008

This is the video card line on my system when I run the command: sudo
lshw -short:

> /0/100/1/5                          display     RS485 [Radeon Xpress
> 1100 IGP]

Check this line, see what you have for a video card, and ensure you have
the proper (proprietary, in this case, ATI; you may have Nvidia; be
sure) driver loaded, and that you have System>Administration>Hardware
Drivers set to use the restricted drivers.  Then reboot, and try
System>Preferences>Screen Resolution to see if you can properly set
them.  It worked on the 2 machines I needed to do it on...

Cheers;
Ed