[SATLUG] Need more resolution choices

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:44:51 CDT 2008

In addition to the suggestions of others regarding the choice of graphics card, I highly suggest selecting a 'generic' monitor, instead of your Dell M780. Choose, under 'Generic' instead of 'Vendor', 1024x768 @ 70Hz... or if you prefer, 1280x1024 @ 60 Hz (or a higher refresh rate if your monitor can handle it.).

I had a similar problem a few years ago with a Sylvania 19" CRT monitor. If I chose a 19" Sylvania model under 'vendor', I got a limited choice of resolutions. When switching to '1600x1200 @ 70 Hz' I got the full range of resolutions.

Good luck,

John C.