[SATLUG] Upgrading a hard disk

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 20:19:56 CDT 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

> It seems to me that you should be able to do a backup of the existing
> Windows partition to one partition on the other drive, then restore from
> that backup in the location where you want the primary Windows partition
> on the final configuration.
>
> Then you could potentially get rid of the Windows backup partition on
> the new drive, and free up some disk space for the Linux stuff.  Or keep
> it, if it's only 3GB, since that might come in handy in the future.

Thanks, Brad.  Your comment and google led me to find ntbackup. It is not
terribly easy to find, but I did eventually find it.

To the list:  I apologize for the Windows questions, but this list has some of
the most knowledgeable admins of any source I know.  I try to avoid Windows as
much as possible, but I have to do it sometimes.

   -- Bruce