[SATLUG] Upgrading a hard disk

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 20:54:28 CDT 2008

I would just use dd to copy the contents of the smaller drive to the larger
drive exactly as is, then use gparted to expand the file systems as needed
afterwards.  I've done this several times and it works like a charm. As long
as you're sure the NTFS partition was shut down correctly, you should have
no problem expanding it after you dd it over from the old drive.

Ernest