[SATLUG] Upgrading a hard disk

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:58:04 CDT 2008

Alan Lesmerises wrote:

> I think you might be much better off starting with a clean install from
> scratch -- at least you won't be burdened with all the crap that has
> accumulated since that copy of Windows was installed the last time.

Alan, you may be right, but I don't want to go through the registration hassle.
  If I use the same license number, it will only work for 30 days and then I
must register it.  When I try that, it says the number is already in use and
barfs.  I went through that when I loaded ed the system up in VMware.  I had to
call MS and say pretty please can I use the OS that I paid for.

Windows is a PITA.

   -- Bruce