[SATLUG] Upgrading a hard disk

gboswell gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
Mon Sep 29 06:14:04 CDT 2008

Bruce go by and get a copy of EZ-Image from Ivan in the lab. I've used
it with 120G -> 250G and changing the partition sizes, 250G > 250G same
sizes even a Mac 120G - 250G. Only problem was on the 250G -> 250G
(7200) and using automatic configure, I had to do a rescue boot and
reload the Grub boot loader {you've done this many times.}  BTW on all
but the MAC,  and  there  is better  MAC  tools , I had  NTFS,  EXT3,
Extended, Fat32, EXT2  and swap  partitions and I changed sizes to
different %s than was on source .  If I can use  it successfully you
could do it in your sleep.
Boz

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at mail.accd.edu
gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu {class related}
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866

Freedom is not Free, let us not Forget!

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." Sir Winston Churchill