[SATLUG] [OT] Is anyone else having trouble accessing Microsoft.com?

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Apr 1 15:00:54 CDT 2009

> I know, I know, Linux list, but here at work we're having trouble
> accessing the Microsoft site (www.microsoft.com).  Just wondering if
> anyone else is having the same problem by any chance?  Conficker issue?
> Just-ping.com is showing it down from lots of different areas:
>
> http://www.just-ping.com/index.php?vh=www.microsoft.com&c=
>
> I guess based on that, other people ARE having the same problem! :)
> David

I have heard that people who run Windows that is infected with Conficker
will not be able to access virus remediation sites like microsoft,
symantec, etc.

You should scan your system with a recent virus/malware scanner, you may have to download
it in Linux.

BTW, it's an easy check to see if you can get through from a linux box, then you
know it is your Windows install being infected.

-b.