[SATLUG] [OT] Is anyone else having trouble accessing Microsoft.com?

David Salisbury david.salisbury at momentumweb.com
Wed Apr 1 15:42:14 CDT 2009

It looks like it may be an issue with our ISP, perhaps.  I'll look into
it a bit, thank you guys for looking into it as well.  Our machines are
clear from Conficker, see the following paragraph (for some reason my
list, so I'll try quoting it here):

"Oh, don't worry, we're clear here from Conficker, all patched up and
even nmapped for some extra assurance.  It's definitely something with
Microsoft specifically going on (see the ping web site below).  I'm just
surprised I'm not seeing any information about it anywhere else??  Maybe
it's a big April Fool's from Microsoft, taking www.microsoft.com down
for a day. :)  Seems other sites under their domain are working, but
alot of them are quite slow. <shrugs>?  (Oh, and www.microsoft.com
doesn't come up from the Linux boxes either, for the record.)

Interesting note, it comes up fine on an offsite connection via
Roadrunner, but the connection here (and all the sites pinging their web
site at the link below) are having trouble.
David"

David