[SATLUG] [OT] Is anyone else having trouble accessing Microsoft.com?

Jon Mark Allen jm at allensonthe.net
Wed Apr 1 16:54:11 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 16:45, Ed <horned0wl93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Amazing...
>
> I changed locations to see if my small work-related network might be
> affected -- it isn't.
>
> However, from this location, while I can access www.microsoft.com from 3
> machines (2 Win-XP and 1 Ubuntu), I cannot ping, whois or trace route
> Microsoft from either of the three machines.
>
> I can, however read Microsoft, Symantec, McAfee and F-Secure pages from here
> on all three machines; and was able to update Symantec, AVG and Avast!
> anti-virus packages. Maybe its just M$ running scared? Go figure...
>
> Cheers;
> Ed

Not likely :-)

timmedin wrote (via twitter): "www.microsoft.com issue: People who
can't get to it resolve 65.55.21.250, working ones resolve
65.55.12.249, 207.46.192.254, 207.46.193.254"

What does microsoft.com resolve to for you?

--
JM

/* If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't
been much of a day.
-- John A. Wheeler */