[SATLUG] PCs for an Orphanage

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sat Apr 4 00:37:28 CDT 2009

Art If you are not successful in Todd's  junk pile, I pulled the case
from the working IBM PL-300 I have and it has a 2032 battery with a
penny on top of the battery between the hold down spring and the
battery. I used it until last year and I marked the date on the battery
as 3/08 so I am the one who replaced this Bat. It was working fine when
I replaced it with a P4 shortly after that date, so fitting loose makes
no diff if the spring holds it down It just requires a 3V bat, I think
the orig bat was a bit thicker.

If your bat hold down spring has gotten broken off, I am not sure it
will come loose, but I can send you the entire working mobo complete
with CPU and memory if you wish I am up N in Bedias so not convenient to
pick it up. I'll donate the UPS cost to the cause. LOL you know how
bloody heavy that complete box is. I also have couple of working Intel
P3 Mobos with CPUs same type slot A, they fit the ATX mid tower but no
case for them, if they would be of use to you.
Herb