[SATLUG] backups

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:27:54 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> How could I change the script or use some kind of open source backup software
> that can accomplish this? It would be nice to have some sort of backup manager.
> I would like to just save the diffs, perhaps archived and compressed to save
> space, bu be able to go back several versions. WHat would you all recommend?

Bo, I can give you a copy of rsync-incr. I used that on the HSCville
server for their weekly incremental backups... Basically it works with
1 working directory, then x number of directories for how many days
you want to keep incrementally. The first one gets removed when the x
number of days have been reached.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu