[SATLUG] backups

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:30:07 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> That sounds good. I suppose somewhere there is a complete base copy. That base
> copy, is that the latest version of the first version? I would like it to be the
> latest version, if possible, to avoid having to restore x numbers of intermediates
> to get back to the latest version in case of a catastrophal loss.

The complete directory is only as new as the first day scheduled. For
example on a 7 day incremental rotation, the common directory would be
up to date as of Monday... then 6 directories for the rest of the
weekdays. Come Monday the next week the common directory gets updated
and the process repeats.

There may be a way to update the common directory for each day and
have the 'changed' files copied in the daily directories but I'll have
to check.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu