[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:18:50 CDT 2009

I saw an article on this, CW, IIRC, saying that ATT is now
testing the metered model in a smaller market.  I think the
unlimited account will be going away.  This is inevitable with
Hollywood Marketeers using the PC to replace the home TV and
video playback device.  My niece now downloads all her
Netflix movies !!  And the enormous bandwidth needs of games that
are now popular !!  I think that it is only fair to charge by the
GB.    <rant off>

Howard
--
Howard Haradon