[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Tue Apr 7 11:30:16 CDT 2009

As long as the included bandwidth caps are reasonable and the overage
charges are also reasonable I would have no problem with such a plan.
Unfortunately, from everything I've read, the caps are way too low, and
the overage charges are way too high.  I should consider myself lucky
that I live in an area with alternate providers.  On a brighter note,
maybe charging customers that own spam spewing zombies exorbitant
amounts of money will get them to clean-up their machines and we will
have less spam cluttering our inboxes.