[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

Shawn Bender sbender at humana.com
Tue Apr 7 11:52:23 CDT 2009

I find this entire thing to be just one big criminal act. But what gets me
the most is that the American consumers will not stand up and take action.
Like most cowards they are going to run away and burry their head in the
sand. This bandwidth cap it nothing but a plan to bilk more out of the
average consumer.
I am one of the ones who have cut back on my services in order to save a
little money. We have a netflix account. We get our TV shows on hulu. Lets
think about this then... they continue to raise the price in this economy,
then get upset when people start disconnecting service. So they come up
with a new way to steal money.

And still the public does nothing.

Thank you for your time,

Shawn Bender

Charles Hogan <cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com>
Sent by: satlug-bounces at satlug.org
04/07/2009 11:30 AM
Please respond to
The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing List <satlug at satlug.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

As long as the included bandwidth caps are reasonable and the overage
charges are also reasonable I would have no problem with such a plan.
Unfortunately, from everything I've read, the caps are way too low, and
the overage charges are way too high.  I should consider myself lucky
that I live in an area with alternate providers.  On a brighter note,
maybe charging customers that own spam spewing zombies exorbitant
amounts of money will get them to clean-up their machines and we will
have less spam cluttering our inboxes.