[SATLUG] backups

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:30:30 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 09:06, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu>wrote:

> How could I change the script or use some kind of open source backup
> software
> that can accomplish this? It would be nice to have some sort of backup
> manager.
> I would like to just save the diffs, perhaps archived and compressed to
> save
> space, bu be able to go back several versions. WHat would you all
> recommend?

would take a slight bit of changing to the config file to handle the fact
that its local copies, but you might check this out:

http://backuppc.sf.net

might seem a touch overkill at first, but it uses hardlinks to basically
perform data de-duplication and provides a nice little web interface.