[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

N. Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:31:17 CDT 2009

John Champion wrote:

>>> Easy, man. This isn't a political issue, and the name calling is
>>> completely unnecessary. Let's not start down that path. Maybe, we
>>> should get together and go to the next city council meeting to voice
>>> our opinion?
>>>
>> Sorry Nate.  I went there.
>>

>> --
>>

> for the person who commented that the Democrats want to take away rights,
> might I remind you that in 1999, it was former President George W. Bush who
> said that there ought to be limits to freedom and during his 8 years in
> office that's exactly what we got?

Regardless of which party's puppet is in office their goal is still the
same: they want to watch us, control us, take our money, and then kill
us. With very very few exceptions, there hasn't been a decent politician
in Washington since the Kennedy brothers were murdered.
> the left wants to control one way and the right wants to control another
> way.
>
> the way i look at it, we could have a european styled liberty or an afghan
> styled liberty. one says that the religious control everything and dictate
> what is proper and legal (ala the rightwingers) or we have to become
> treehuggers and have laws empowering the environment. either way..it's bad.

Obama's way is the European way. Get ready for it or fight it. Change is
coming.

This thread has moved *way* off topic. Neither political party controls
the local government. The question is how do we best fight TW's
bandwidth caps?

~Nate