[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

James Tiner jtiner at satx.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 11:39:14 CDT 2009

UTHSCSA doesn't use RR. They do use Time-Warner but that is a different
division from RR. Caps being mentioned are for residential users of RR
and not the Business Class (at least as I understand it) and of course
the division that does T1 and higher (what UTHSCSA has) is definitely
not affected.

Still sucks though and the only way to change it is to vote with your
dollars. Of course, if you can talk city council into not allowing any
new cables to be run in San Antonio unless they eliminate caps, then
that is an option as well.