[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:59:15 CDT 2009

As a Crime Warner customer this effectively negates one of the most
attractive benefits of my current employer. I work as a Inside Sales Rep and
during the course of the day I am on multiple microsoft office live
meetings, centra meetings, downloading/uploading powerpoints for
presentations, uploading files for sales pitches (quotes, configurations,
services contracts etc), using two different VOIP phones (work and home),
and multiple other upload/download instances during the course of my day. My
wife and I are looking to other providers now. I'm sure the occasional day
at home wouldn't be too much of a strain on my bill but my working for a
week or few weeks from home is now impossible when this goes into effect
without substantially raising my bill.

With cost of gas and the current economic situation this is just one more
thing in our lives that will either have to go away or we will have to find
another inch of belt to tighten that's already pretty small.

Cheers!

Peter