[SATLUG] Time Warner Corralling bandwidth use

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 22:53:51 CDT 2009

I agree with the first part of you comments completely.  They have been
taking our money for Internet service for years, but not plowing enough
of it back into the infrastructure to upgrade it and expand its capacity
as usage has increased.  Instead, they've pocketed the excess in the
name of short-term profits and expect us to pick up the tab for their
short-sightedness.

However, I disagree somewhat with your last statement.  They still need
to state download speeds, otherwise you could be forced to wait an hour
to download something that takes only seconds now.  Our time (and time
for the computer) costs us money, too.  I sure don't want to go back to
dial-up ...

Al Lesmerises