[SATLUG] Getting around Spamhaus + Yahoo mail

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 19:44:48 CDT 2009

Kinda nerdy here... but my home webserver emails me at 8am, 12noon and 4pm telling me its running.  Then I get an email @ I dunno.. I forget the time, it tells me backups are complete.  For a while my emails have been very slow.  Being that I can ssh into my home webserver from my phone I know its working so I havent really diagnosed it until now.

After looking at the log file I see that yahoo/Spamhaus is blocking dynamic ip/residential ip's from sending mail directly to their smtp servers.

Any other way around this?

-Alex