[SATLUG] Getting around Spamhaus + Yahoo mail

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Thu Apr 9 21:19:41 CDT 2009

Alex Bartonek wrote:
> Kinda nerdy here... but my home webserver emails me at 8am, 12noon and 4pm telling me its running.  Then I get an email @ I dunno.. I forget the time, it tells me backups are complete.  For a while my emails have been very slow.  Being that I can ssh into my home webserver from my phone I know its working so I havent really diagnosed it until now.
>
> After looking at the log file I see that yahoo/Spamhaus is blocking dynamic ip/residential ip's from sending mail directly to their smtp servers.
>
> Any other way around this?
>
> -Alex

You should be able to unblock yourself.  I run an email server on a
dynamic residential IP with no (by no, I mean not many) problems.

If you are listed on spamhaus you can unblock yourself:

http://www.spamhaus.org/

This is a nice site that will search many black lists for your ip:
http://moensted.dk/spam/

Sam