[SATLUG] Springs for IBM Model M Keyboard

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Apr 12 18:03:21 CDT 2009

Samuel Leon wrote:
> Does any one have an old non working IBM model m keyboard that they
> could snag some springs off of?  I need 2 but I am thinking maybe 3
> just in case.  They are not too hard to get without taking the
> keyboard apart.  Just pop a key off and you will see the spring
> sticking up. The spring it self is seated on a little nipple looking
> thing on the key switch down in the hole.  It is just held on by
> friction.  Just pull up on the spring alittle bit with your finger and
> use a small pick or something to dig the spring off of the little
> nipple thing.  It is not that hard to stretch the spring so you do
> have to be careful.
>
> Oh and these things are awesome to type on.  Highly recommended!
>
> Thanks,
> Sam
Sam, I agree awesome, wouldn't part with any of my three but I did
replace an escaped spring with either one from under the wheel of a Bic
lighter or a retractable ball point pen can't remember had to kind if
tweak it to get down on the contact nipple but it still works fine,
don't even remember which one I did that to. Wish you luck.
herb