[SATLUG] Time Warner Update Yesterday.

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Apr 12 19:39:07 CDT 2009

> The tomato firmware has some already included.  Alittle bit different
> than vnstat though.  http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

Sounds good, thanks for the pointer!

> Or if one has an old computer laying around they could install one of
> the many firewall distros.  I think almost all of them come with traffic
> accounting programs.  I know Smoothwall does:
> http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31111

You are right, but I didn't want to have another computer running 24/7
and instead save some power by just running everything on my linksys. I have
one of the older models with a lot of memory and higher processor speed,
capable of running linux distros, might as well use it.

-b.