[SATLUG] Time Warner Update Yesterday.

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 19:40:43 CDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> I have an older linksys that I flashed with a third-party Linux distro,
> I wonder if this distro can be tweaked to do the vnstat accounting and reporting.
> I'm using Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c. Does anyone have some experience with this?
> Right now it has the ability to run sshd and I can log into it from my private site
> to get some sort of shell interface:

The ddWRT and Tomato firmwares have a killer bandwidth monitor. I
don't know if it shows as much information as vmstat. On my
firewall/router I have Ganglia and rrdtools (like we do on our
clusters) so I can monitor my own bandwidth (local and remote).

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility