[SATLUG] quickbooks type software

N. Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:20:44 CDT 2009

Alex Bartonek wrote:

> probably.. but its lame... spent some time setting up a customer, invoice etc and it crashed on me.  I'm not one to figure out other peoples programming problems so I'm looking for something that works.

I hate to admit it, but that's why I have gone back to using a Mac for
most of my work. I still believe in open source, and I love Ubuntu (and
apt-get and the snappy feel of Linux), but I got tired of the lack of
good stable software, and I needed to get work done. That said, if Adobe
ports the Creative Suite to Linux, I'll be the first on board.

I still use open source apps in my daily work, though. Blender is a
large part of my workflow, Open Office handles all of my "Office-like"
needs, and I even use Inkscape when I can make a reason to. But trying
to make a living in the graphics/design/web with a purely FOSS setup is
really tough. Gimp and Scribus are just not mature enough for me.

~Nate